We set a new record low temperature overnight with 14 degrees recorded at SeaTac. Many of the roads in Magnolia are clear but side streets and hills are still icy this morning. Here is the latest (as of 8a.m.) from city services:
- Currently the City has 17 trucks with salt spreaders and two flusher trucks deployed:
- · Snow routes are in good condition.
- · There was no significant re-freezing of cleared roadways during the past 24 hours.
- · There are no significant problems on the snow route network.
- · The Alaskan Way Viaduct and the West Seattle High Rise Bridge are bare and dry.
- · Focus is on reopening closed roads. The Seattle Police Department and SDOT are working to review roads currently closed and will update the list online.
- · The City will continue the same level of deployed vehicles for the morning commute; focus will be on efforts to prevent re-freezing, address trouble spots on Level 3 routes, and bring more roads off the closed list.
- · Because of the possibility of precipitation today leading to the formation of black ice tonight, some roads will remain closed.
- · 24 hour shifts will continue through Thursday, November 25.
Garbage pick up:
- · Garbage, yard waste and recycling collection have been postponed in Seattle for a second day, due to dangerous road conditions; icy side streets prohibit safe collections. There will be no residential services on Wednesday, November 24.
- · Collection services for commercial and multi-family accounts will be available on a limited basis Wednesday, November 24, where access allows.
- · Customers whose containers were not collected on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday of this week will have them collected next week on their regularly scheduled pick-up day, and will be allowed to set out double their normal amount of garbage, yard waste and recycling at no additional charge.
Magnolia Community Center:
- Will operate from 10a.m. to 5p.m. today for drop in activities.
- School Age Care Programs, athletic programs and scheduled recreation programs and classes are cancelled.
- · All locations of The Seattle Public Library, including Magnolia, will be open from noon to 5 p.m.
- Discovery Park Environmental Learning Center will operate from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. today for drop-in activities.