Join Magnolia Girl Scouts
Posted on September 16th, 2013 by Sara
Do you have a first grade girl who is interested in joining Girl Scouts? Does she enjoy camping, outdoor skills, first aid, community service, leadership, nature or cooking? Being part of the Girl Scouts teaches girls valuable life skills, from teamwork and leadership to outdoors. Kristin Geddes says:
We are forming a new First Grade Daisy Girl Scout section as part of our 1st-5th grade troop. Please come to a parent information session on Wednesday, September 25 at 6:00 pm in the Catharine Blaine Cafeteria. Please RSVP to Kristin Geddes (firstname.lastname@example.org or 206-407-3749). In the past our troop has done a variety of activities and skills:
- Campouts at Girl Scouts of Western Washington campgrounds
- Backyard Campfire
- Food drive benefiting the Ballard Food Bank (we collected over 50 banana boxes of food).
- Caroling at Magnolia’s Winterfest
- Sponsor a girl from Kenya to help her go to school and get medical care
- Sell Girl Scout Cookies!
- Pool (Mountlake Terrace) and Ice Skating (Highline Ice Arena) Parties
- Camp-In at Catherine Blaine with movie and ice cream floats
- All the scouts have learned to build their own campfires and cook all the meals at camp
- Outdoor Skills (eg. Map Reading, Letter Boxing, Rowing, Knot Tying, Animal ID, etc.)
- Earn Badges (Pets, Pottery, Painting, Hiking, etc.)
- Summer residential and day Girl Scout Camps
They meet approximately twice a month at Catherine Blaine on Wednesday evenings from 5:45-7:00. For more information or would like to join, please contact Kristin Geddes (email@example.com or 206-407-3749).