Save Money, Give Back & Look Fabulous; an after hours clothing swap to benefit homeless youth, Saturday, July 19th, 6-9pm.
What’s more fun than shopping a friend’s closet? A clothing swap gives you that same joy, except you get to KEEP the items you find. Bring pieces that just don’t work for you anymore to Vixen, buy your ticket and see us at the event. Jewelry, accessories, shoes, apparel and menswear welcome. Last donations accepted on Thursday, July 17th.
Things to remember:
1. Please limit your donations to items that you’d be proud to claim as your own. After all, any remaining items will be donated to a young person to wear at job interviews. In doubt? If you are happy to say it came from you, it’s perfect! Accessories, shoes, menswear and women’s clothing are welcome.
2. All proceeds will benefit YouthCare’s Barista Training Program that teaches homeless and formerly homeless kids not only job skills, but life skills, as well.
3. Whether you bring 3 items or 30, you are welcome to walk out the door with as many pieces as you like. Not sure what looks good on you? Your very own personal stylist will be there every step of the way.
4. Need one more piece to complete your new outfit? Not to worry! Attendees are welcome to shop Vixen’s inventory during this exclusive after hours event, as well.
5. Yes, there will be snacks. What’s a swanky swap without bubbles and hors d’oeuvres? The bakers at Finn’s Bakery make their own delicious crackers. I can’t imagine what bite sized treats are in store for guests.
Barista Training Program grads, like the rest of us, come in all shapes and sizes. So, if you have interview appropriate clothing for men or women of any size, please consider donating them, as well. Thank you!
The event will take place at Vixen Day Spa & Boutique
(3209 W. McGraw) $15 per ticket- 100% of ticket sales go to Youthcare