Live music, shopping, art, food and maybe a harvest moon will be waiting for attendees of The First Annual Magnolia Fall Fest which takes place from 6-8 p.m., Friday in the Village along West McGraw Street and neighboring side streets.
Twenty-two stores will be transformed into art galleries and snack bars and music venues at the evening’s event. Below is a list of the shops and what each will be doing.
- Cocoa & Cream – the work of budding young artists from the Magnolia Co-op Preschool. Enter to win a Mt. Jasper Sundae, our newest and biggest ice cream masterpiece.
- Dish It Up! – The art of the kitchen!
- Magnolia Garden Center – Art by Christine Jameson. There will be refreshments and a strolling musician. Last day of pottery sale!
- Magnolia’s Bookstore – Local author Sam Verhovek will be here from 6 to 7 p.m. to sign the newly released paperback edition of his book, Jet Age: The Comet, the 707, and the Race to Shrink the World.
- Magnolia Travel & Cruise – Art by Eunice Smith.
- Magnolia Village Pub – Live music from the pop band Stroppy. Food and drink specials.
- NW Hand Foot & Nail Therapy – Artist Kathy Streeter’s watercolors & Desi Designs jewelry (proceeds benefit esophageal cancer research). Serving wine and hors d’oeuvres.
- Peoples Bank – Artwork by Magnolia artist, Beni O’Donnell and adult refreshments.
- Queen Margherita – work of local artist Patty Christie.
- Serendipity Cafe – Art and music of David Harrison.
- Starbucks Coffee – Live music, art and tasty samples of coffee and treats.
- Szmania’s – $5 Wild Blackberry Mojitos, specials appetizers. Live guitar music by Grant Guiley and artwork by Michelle Harps.
- PJ’s Paws and Claws – Art by Angie Ketelhut. Ten percent of sales will go to the Help the Animals Fund. Great Life pet food will answer questions and share free samples, raffle for prizes and store points.
- Umpqua Bank – Live music, tasty treats and a chance to come visit the staff at Magnolia’s newest bank.
- Upper Crust Bakery – Aritists’ reception featuring photography by Heather Roskelley. New fall offerings in the bakery.
- Vixen Day Spa & Boutique – Art by Magnolia artist, Frances Popstojanovic. The jewelry of Judy Milton, her affordable pieces are just stunning. Come have a sip & see our store makeover!
- Wheeler Street Kitchen – Art, drinks, food.